Position Title: IT Officer
Reports To: IT and Maintenance Manager
As an IT Officer you will be responsible for the day-to-day support of all IT systems, business systems, office systems, computer networks, and telephony systems throughout the hotel / resort.
Additionally responsible for Information Technology issues, products, and services at the property. Provides user training and support of all property/site systems, network enhancements, hardware and software support. Also maintains inventory of all hardware products and software licenses, and reviews maintenance agreements.
IT Officer Duties and Responsibilities:
1.A warm personality, attentive and smartly presentable.
2. Committed to delivering high levels of customer service.
3.Responds courteously and efficiently to queries and problems from guests and system users.
4. Ensures cleanliness of all data equipment and computer rooms.
5. He / She must be a self-starter, alert, energetic, responsible and flexible.
6. Responsible for smooth functioning and co-ordination of vendors for Guest Internet, Property Management Systems - PMS, Point of Sale - POS, IPTV, Telephony systems and other software vendors.
7. Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software problems.
8. Responsible for overseeing and handling network configuration, Servers, Workstations, Networking equipment, PABX, email accounts, and also support for the underlying server/desktop infrastructure.
9. Should be capable of doing Root Cause Analysis on a problem.
10. Must know the Network fundamentals, general network setup and device configuration.
11. Good knowledge of server hardware, Disk storage technology, I/O devices.
12. Skilled in usage of system level profiling tools and network monitoring systems to aid in application performance profiling (iostat, Nagios).
13. Knowledge of network infrastructure, including CAT5/6 cabling, wireless networks, network switches, WAN/LAN, domain controller, Active Directory, firewall and VPN applications.
14. Background in highly available systems and image capture/management systems.
15. Extensive knowledge on Active Directory, Management and Implementations.
16. Prepare & Implement Preventive Maintenance Schedule for all IT hardware & Software.
17. Manage leadership in the establishment of project scope, technical strategy , cost, budget and staff support requirements with new IT initiatives.
19. Managing Disaster Recovery Process and ensuring regular daily backup is taken.
20. Anti virus setup and day to day support.
21. Able to plan, assign and take the report from the IT team.
22. Identifies and implements solutions to user challenges and concerns associated with the use of personal computer equipment.
23. Ensure that policies and procedure relating to PCI compliance are updated.
24. Maintains a system error / progress log book and deals with reported problems.
25. Responsible to ensure that IT Audit points are implemented as per relevant Standard operating Procedures.
26. Monitors and maintains proper inventory of hardware and software license.
27. Is aware of IT Security Policies and ensures implementation through regular staff training.
28. Keep updated with latest hotel technology and security risks on a regular basis.
29.Able to perform other IT or Systems related task assigned by the management.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills.
- Must be mature, pleasant, courteous, cooperative and an enthusiastic team player who displays good human relations’ skills.
- Must be flexible in working hours, including weekends, evenings and holidays.
Degree or Diploma in Information Technology field. Along with In depth knowledge of Microsoft Operating systems, Microsoft or Cisco certification.
Applicable Microsoft certifications: MCSA, MCTS or MCITP for Windows Server, MCDST for workstations.
Experience with Hospitality related applications and or systems (PMS, POS, Key card, PBX, Voice mail).
A minimum of five (2) years of experience in Hospitality, Operations, and IT support roles.