POSITION TITLE : Reservation Officer
REPORTS: Sales and Marketing Manager, General manager
POSITION SUMMARY :
Ensures the smooth and efficient operations in the department through prompt, effective and proper reservations service to achieve maximum room revenue in order to meet or exceed the revenue target.
Supervising General Job Performance of reservation staff implementing of policies and procedures under guidance of Front Office Manager, training, responsible and perform any other duties might requested by Front Office Manager or Room Division Manager.
RESERVATION MANAGER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Having knowledge of entire Reservation Procedure according to International Hotel manual system.
- Responsible for Hotel and Local Reservations and Reservation - Links to Best Western World Wide.
- Handling of correspondences, sorted - out letters, telexes, fax, cables which are checked already by Front Office Manager.
- Allocate daily tasks to Reservations staff .
- Review reservation booked daily.
- Review arrival report daily.
- Responsible for preparation of occupancy forecast.
- Responsible for training staff.
- Responsible for implementation of policies and procedures.
- Responsible for recording Company/Travel Agent Rates both in system and correspondence file.
- Liase with Sales Department in regards to occupancy, Rates Reservation's Analysis.
- Identify Top Producing Accounts ensure proper recognition by Reservation staff.
- Knowledgeable in hotel and guest room facilities/services and ensures reservations agents are equally knowledgeable.
- Responsible for various Production reports and supply to each department concerned.
- Monitoring Telephone Manner and general performance of reservations staff daily.
- Ensure special handling of repeats guest and very VIP guest.
- Observes and ensures that proper telephone manners are maintained at all times.
- Monitors and coordinates group reservations activity with the Sales Department and Revenue Manager
- Follows up tentative bookings and update reservation status
- Reviews no-show and cancelled reservations and processes charges according to hotel’s policy
- Review room blocking for Long Stay. Suites and special group request.
- Supervising of Group Reservations.
- Maintain cordial relations with commercial clients.
- Bring to the attention Front Office Manager when the hotel availability status be changed and prepare for necessary action.
- Responsible for work schedule
- Responsible for maintaining a Neat and Orderly position at all times.
- In general, perform any other duties might requested by Front Office Manager or Room Division Manager.
- Good communication skills to liaise with other managers and clients
- Computer literacy
- A professional certificate in revenues management
- A knowledge of how each department in a hotel affects the business
- A head for figures and commercial awareness
Experience and Education :
Minimum 2 years experience as Reservation supervisor or Asst. Manager on a reputed hotel.Graduation from an accredited college or university in an appropriate curriculum and considerable experience related to this class of work including some supervisory experience; or any equivalent combination of training and experience.